Personal Boat & Yacht
Crescent Insurance Advisers has access to numerous, high-rated carriers who have specialty boat and yacht insurance policies. It might appear simple, but boat and yacht insurance is more in-depth than you might think. Consider the following as examples:
- Your boat – is it insured on an Actual Cash value or Agreed Value basis?
- Is the engine covered?
- What about your trailer?
- What kind of liability limit do you have?
- If you hit some resulting in fuel leaking into the open water, does your policy pay for the cleanup?
- Do you have water towing coverage on your policy? How much?
- Are my personal items on the boat covered?
- Personal Effects include but are not limited to: binoculars, cameras, mobile telephones, clothing, coolers, portable radios, scuba / snorkeling equipment, sunglasses, etc.
- Unattached equipment includes but is not limited to: anchors, oars, lights, fire extinguishers, tarpaulins, safety and lifesaving equipment, portable marine electronics, deck chairs, water skis, wake boards and similar sports equipment
With yacht insurance, there are even more considerations, including:
- What is lay-up time, and how does that affect my policy?
- How should the liability be written?
- Is my dinghy covered?
- If you have a captain and/or crew, how should they be covered?
Charter Boat insurance has its own unique challenges and coverages making it important to use an agent who knows what they are doing. Using a vessel to carry passengers for hire means that you are chartering a boat and therefore are exposed to the inherent risks associated with this business. Examples of charter boats include:
- Harbor cruises
- Sightseeing / Eco tours
- Dinner cruises
Let Crescent Insurance make sure the important job of insuring your business and your assets is done right. Although we shop for the best price, the value we bring is in the time we put into talking with you to determine your individual risks and making sure you understand the options available.
Policies differ a lot in the coverages and endorsements available, so understanding your needs is vital to writing the policy right for you. Examples of coverages available in Charter Boat Insurance include but are not limited to:
- Hull & Machinery
- Protection & Indemnity (P&I)
- Pollution Liability
- Emergency Services
- Reimbursement Coverage
- Passenger Medical Coverage
Marine Contactors & Ship Repairers
Once you begin working on or near water and boats, the insurance requirements and laws change. It is important that you have an insurance agent with the knowledge and diligence required to write your coverage properly with the top rated carriers in the business. Crescent Insurance will take you through your business processes to determine what exposures you do and do not have and come up with an insurance solution fit for your business. Whether you are a dock builder, ship repairer, artisan marine contractor, or other marine professional – we can find you affordable coverage that will protect your business. Examples of potential coverages for Property, Liability and Your Employees include but are not limited to:
- Marine General Liability
- Ship Repairers Liability
- Hull and Machinery
- Docks and Piers
- Bumbershoot and Umbrella
- United States Longshore & Harbor Workers (aka USL&H)
Do you import or export a large amount of goods overseas? Whether you are a freight forwarder or a handle your own shipping logistics, having the right Cargo Insurance is among the top concerns when involved in this industry. The ship owner is only responsible for $500 per container, which is not close to being sufficient. This means that it is on you to ensure your cargo is properly covered – even if the sales terms do not necessarily make it your responsibility. We can provide coverage for goods, merchandise, and commodities in transit or storage – worldwide.
Whether you have a finite period of shipments to cover or you will be continuously shipping, we will be able to find the ideal solution to your needs. Cargo policies can vary wildly; it all depends on the carrier and your requirements. Crescent has access to numerous, top rated cargo insurance carriers. Let us take this stress away from the shipping process for you while also making sure you understand the policy options available – for example:
- Free of Particular Average vs. All Risk
- How do you value your cargo?
- What kind of duration do you need for your policy?
- What policy endorsements make sense for my cargo?